This guide will help you measure your mattress and box spring to determine which bed cover or bed skirt size to order.
How to Measure a Mattress for a Bed Cover
To measure a mattress accurately, use a fabric measuring tape and follow the instructions below:
• Start with a bare mattress.
• Using the tape, measure from the left side to the right side of the mattress to determine mattress width.
• Next, measure the mattress thickness from the top of the mattress to the bottom of the mattress. This is the mattress height.
• Multiply the mattress height by two and add that amount to the mattress width. This amount will determine the width of duvet cover that you need to fit your mattress. For instance, if your mattress width total is 108”, you will need a Super King size duvet cover. Always round up to the next size.
• Please refer to the chart below to select the appropriate duvet cover size for your bed.
• Eastern Accents’ Super sizes are designed for pillowtop or particularly thick mattresses.
• For a bed without a bed skirt, you may want to choose a super size bed cover to make sure your box spring (if applicable) is covered.
How to Measure a Bed for a Bed Skirt
To measure a bed for a bed skirt, use a fabric measuring tape and follow the instructions below:
• Using the tape, measure the box spring from the left edge to the right edge. This is the box spring width.
• Next, measure the box spring from the head of the bed to the foot of the bed. This is the box spring length.
• Finally, measure from the top of the box spring to the floor. This is the bed skirt drop.
• Match the box spring width and length to the chart below.
• The Eastern Accents standard bed skirt drop is 16” with a 3” decking border.
• Queen size bed skirts fit Queen and Super Queen size mattresses; King size bed skirts fit King and Super King size mattresses.